Mission Statement: The mission of Newell Housing Association is to operate and maintain a portfolio of affordable and quality rental housing for the citizens of Brooks, Tilley, Duchess and Rosemary. The safety, comfort and security of the tenants will be of utmost consideration.
Goals: The goals of Newell Housing Association are to manage operations in an efficient and cost-effective manner and to meet the current and changing needs of the citizens.
Objective: The objective of Newell Housing Association is to provide maintenance and housekeeping services ensuring a safe and comfortable environment for residents.
|Newell Housing Association RENTAL PROCEDURES
NOTICE: OCT 2019
No new applications for rent supplements are being accepted at this time
while the existing programs are being reviewed for consistency of benefits
and to ensure households that need assistance most are prioritized.
- Complete the Application for Accommodation- Community Housing Form. This is also the Direct Rent Supplement Application.
Application for Accommodation- Community Housing Form
- Attach to the application form two character references that are not related to you by blood, marriage, or adoption.
- The application is to be signed in the presence of a Commissioner of Oaths. (Please read the 5th page of the application thoroughly.) You may attend a Commissioner of Oaths of your choice, or there is a Commissioner of Oaths at our office.
Application for Accommodation (Seniors Self Contained)
Senior Citizen Medical Information
Complete all questions, supplying all of the requested information. If a question does not apply to you or your situation mark N/A in the section.
You will be required to provide the following:
- A signed letter from the employer of each working member in your family stating the rate of pay, number of hours worked, total earnings and start date of current employment.
- If you or any member of your family is receiving Unemployment Insurance, Workers Compensation, or Social Assistance, a letter from the appropriate office must be attached verifying the amount of the benefit.
- Documentation to verify all other sources of income (Other than Family Allowance) i.e. Child Support, oil royalties, etc.
- A copy of your most recent pay cheque, benefit cheque, pension cheque, etc. or a stub from these for each member of your family receiving income from any source.
- If you are a student, a letter from the registrar of your school verifying your registration as a full time or part time student. This is required for household head, spouse and all dependants over the age of 18 years.
- A copy of valid Alberta Health Care Cards for all members of your family.