Mission Statement: The mission of Newell Housing Association is to operate and maintain a portfolio of affordable and quality rental housing for the citizens of Brooks, Tilley, Duchess and Rosemary. The safety, comfort and security of the tenants will be of utmost consideration.
Goals: The goals of Newell Housing Association are to manage operations in an efficient and cost-effective manner and to meet the current and changing needs of the citizens.
Objective: The objective of Newell Housing Association is to provide maintenance and housekeeping services ensuring a safe and comfortable environment for residents.
|Newell Housing Association RENTAL PROCEDURES
- Complete the Application for Accommodation- Community Housing Form. This is also the Direct Rent Supplement Application.
Application for Accommodation- Community Housing Form
- Attach to the application form two character references that are not related to you by blood, marriage, or adoption.
- The application is to be signed in the presence of a Commissioner of Oaths. (Please read the 5th page of the application thoroughly.) You may attend a Commissioner of Oaths of your choice, or there is a Commissioner of Oaths at our office.
Application for Accommodation (Seniors Self Contained)
Senior Citizen Medical Information
Complete all questions, supplying all of the requested information. If a question does not apply to you or your situation mark N/A in the section.
You will be required to provide the following:
- A signed letter from the employer of each working member in your family stating the rate of pay, number of hours worked, total earnings and start date of current employment.
- If you or any member of your family is receiving Unemployment Insurance, Workers Compensation, or Social Assistance, a letter from the appropriate office must be attached verifying the amount of the benefit.
- Documentation to verify all other sources of income (Other than Family Allowance) i.e. Child Support, oil royalties, etc.
- A copy of your most recent pay cheque, benefit cheque, pension cheque, etc. or a stub from these for each member of your family receiving income from any source.
- If you are a student, a letter from the registrar of your school verifying your registration as a full time or part time student. This is required for household head, spouse and all dependants over the age of 18 years.
- A copy of valid Alberta Health Care Cards for all members of your family.